Today we got some not so fun news or as we like to put it “we are getting to the scary part of our programming, folks”. Mom’s CA125 is up to 400. Blahhh. So either the chemo she received January 9th isn’t working OR it just hadn’t had time to go to work on the cancer.
So what’s the plan. Chemotherapy. Right now as I type she is being hospitalized and receiving her chemo at a very slow rate over the course of about 24hours in hopes to avoid an allergic reaction.
Within the next 2-3 weeks she will have another blood draw and a CT scan. The hope is that her CA125 will be down in the 300s (or lower). If that is the case she will continue with this chemo protocol of hospitalization every 3 weeks. If it hasn’t gone down there will be a change in chemotherapy drug.
So now that I’ve got the details out of the way I’ve gotta give props to my mom. We didn’t get the news we were hoping for but we laughed a lot today. We made her oncology team laugh. Not sure if they were laughing with us or at us! I don’t know what the future holds but today we laughed through a tough situation and that’s gotta count for something. 💜